One of the main highlights when you visit Tenerife is the number 1 animal park in the world: Loro Parque. The park was created in 1970 as a natural reproduction of the habitat of it’s animals and in particular for the ‘Loro’ or parrot. Since that day the park has grown 4 times in size and has been crowned the number one animal park in the world. What are the main things you need to know before you visit the park?
Location of the park
Loro Parque is located in Puerto de la Cruz, on the north side of the island. So if you are staying in the south of the island you have to consider a few things:
- It takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to the park if your accommodation is located in the south of the island.
- You can reserve the official bus from Loro Parque (book at least 48h in advance) and it will take you to and from the park for:
- Adults : 13,50€
- Children (from 6 until 11 years old) : 8€
- Children up to 5 years old : free
- How do you make a reservation for the bus? Just take a look on this page for more information.
- You can hire a car and drive to the park yourself. The drive is fairly easy and since you are driving on an island it is very hard to get lost. Take a look on the official website of Loro Parque to find out how you can best drive to the park.
Park entrance fees and extra options
The entrance fees to Loro Parque are fixed prices and you will always pay a fixed prices whether you book your ticket online or through your Tour Operator. The only discount you can get is when you book the combination of Loro Parque and Siam Park, the number 1 water park in the world, because they are both from the same owner. You have a wide variety of options when it comes to tickets and you can pick and mix as you want.
EXTRA NOTE : tickets bought on the website of Loro Parque are valid for 1 year, so you can visit the park whenever you want within the validity period. This does not apply to the bus ticket because that one is only valid on the day you take the bus service.
- NORMAL TICKETS
- Adults : 37€
- Children (from 6 to 11 years old) : 25€
- Children up until 5 years old : free
- DISCOVERY TOUR (1h and 45 minutes tours behind the scenes in Spanish, English, German, Dutch, French and Russian). IMPORTANT NOTICE: you must arrive in the park before 10.15am and you must reserve your spot on the discovery tour online or via phone.
- Adults : 11€
- Children (from 3 to 11 years old) : 7€
- Children under 3 years old : free
- PREMIUM TICKET : Entrance + discovery tour + reserved seats at the orca, sea lion and dolphin show + a 15€ lunch voucher (Adults) or 9€ lunch voucher (Children) in the Patio del Loro self serving restaurant.
- Adults : 60€
- Children (from 6 to 11 years old) : 40€ (IMPORTANT NOTICE : children from 3 to 5 years old who want the premium tour have to pay a supplement of 14€ at the entrance of the park since they have free admittance to the park under 6 years old).
- LORO PARQUE + LUNCH : Entrance + 15€ lunch voucher (Adults) or 9€ lunch voucher (Children) at the Patio del Loro self serving restaurant.
- Adults : 51€
- Children (from 6 to 11 years old) : 33€ (IMPORTANT NOTICE : children under 6 years old need to pay for the lunch only 9€ upon arrival at the park).
- DIAMOND TOUR : Entrance + discovery tour + lunch at the famous Brunelli’s Steakhouse (located in front of the park) + reserved VIP seats at the shows. IMPORTANT NOTICE : reserve your spot on the discovery tour online or via phone and it is recommended that you arrive at the park before 9:45am to fully enjoy the advantages of this package.
- Adults : 88€
- Children (from 6 until 11 years old) : 49€ (IMPORTANT NOTICE : children between 3 and 5 years old need to pay 23€ upon arrival at the park).
- LORO PARQUE + BRUNELLI’S : Entrance + lunch at Brunelli’s Steakhouse (located in front of the park).
- Adults : 77€
- Children (from 6 until 11 years old) : 41€ (IMPORTANT NOTICE : children between up to 5 years old only need to pay the lunch).
Do not forget before you go to the park!
When you go to the park whether it is by car or by bus, do not forget the following:
- Identification for all of the children to prove their age and your identification for the verification with your ticket.
- Decent walking shoes : the park has a surface of 135.000 square meters so you will be walking around the whole day.
- A small bag pack with
- an extra sweater or a coat : because you are on the north side of the island and chances are higher that you might have some light rain
- a small towel : if you are planning on seeing the orca and dolphin show up close and want to sit in the splash zone you will get soaking wet!
- sunscreen : the sun beats down on you the whole year round, even in winter time
- a cap : to protect your head from the sun. Or you can buy a special one in the park for a very low price.
- Your camera or cell phone to take incredible pictures of all the beautiful animals.
The park opens it’s doors daily at 8:30am and it closes around 6:45pm. The park is open every day of the year, including Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Loro Show : 10:25am – 11:50am – 1:30pm – 3pm – 4pm – 5:30pm
- Orca Ocean : 11:45am – 2pm – 4:45pm
- Sea Lions : 9:35am – 12:30pm – 2:15pm – 3:30pm – 4:55pm
- Dolphinarium : 11am – 1:15pm – 2:45pm – 4pm
- Planet Penguin : between 8:30am and 6pm
- Aquarium : between 10am and 6:45pm
- Naturavision : 11:45am – 2:45pm – 5:15pm
Enjoy Loro Parque and all the animals and take a look at this blog post if you want to learn more about Siam Park.